Wednesday 21 January 2009

Sillver lining?


I've got a good dose of the plague that's been floating around. Just a common cold backed with a common cough, but a pain in the arse having it. I don't like being ill - the throat pain and mucus and shit don't bother me that much, the disorientating and debilitating feeling in my head does. I get one or two each year which is okay but still fucking boring at the time.

BOOORRRRED.

But anyway, this does have one minor silver lining, it's keeping me resting. Yup I haven't even been well enough to go out climbing *shock*. So this encouraged me to give my shoulder a full two weeks rest, followed by some gentle pottering recently. It still feels weak and tweeky but generally a lot better. Theraband exercises have helped, very careful management will help from now on.

One disappointment is not being well enough to run either. Hmmm! Yes I've actually missed it. Would have been a good exercise / recuperative distraction, but my lungs have been struggling with day-to-day breathing let alone the puny unfit ambulatory flapping that passes for me jogging. Oh well, soon...

No comments: