Sunday 4 January 2009

Rewind, reload, restart.


Okay how about a more appropriate New Year post?? I've now got over the post blue-holiday-blues, caught up on some sleep, hung out with some mates, and done some nice bouldering on grit. So feeling a bit closer to whatever freakish mental state passes for normal.

I think, maybe, I will start New Year now, not quite on the day but it feels better. Of course, considering NY itself as a significant temporal entity is open to argument (hello M.Pie ;)), particularly in the context of assigning arbitrary emotional significance to that one date. Of course, our calender is bullshit as is the choice of a New Year's date, but the years at least are completely real. Ideally NY would be celebrated on a solistice or equinox but I'm not maverick enough (hello P.King ;)) to buck the trend, ergo this time of year will do.

What exactly I will do with this time of year, I'm not sure. I need it to be the start of something, positive, pro-active, progressive. I feel I have much to do, much to learn, and much to implement. Some of that in climbing as well as life. As far at the former, I'll post some aims soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*waves* So you WERE listening to some of the nagging! :o)