I might have been a bit tired for the previously blog post.
- Lots of bloody mountains everywhere.
- Lots of funky square houses and villages.
- Barren orange and brown crags.
- Scrubby shrubby valleys.
- Almost all the A Roads are single track lanes full of hairpins.
- Very sunny.
- Really stupidly bloody sunny.
- Also cold at night.
- Very crisp and dry.
- Spikey and thorny.
- Spikey and prickly.
- Prickly and thorny.
- Spike and prickly and thorny.
- One family of wild boar (woot! but they ran away before I could get photos / cuddles).
The people....are really fond of:
- 6am prayer calls of massively amplified wailing and ululating.
- Walking in the middle of the road (especially at night in black clothing).
- Staring intently at passing cars as if they have just landed.
- Police roadblocks (which so far have gone very smoothly once they realise we are idiot Europeans and therefore inconsequential).
- Fennel infused breadsticks.
- Beer that lives up the to famed African brewery standards.
The climbing.....mmm that can wait until next time.