- Lots of mid-grade climbs to go at.
- Good location and outlook.
- Nice sunny but exposed position.
- Strenuous but short approach.
- Decent area of the country for weather.
- The only problem being the climbing is a bit shit.
- Lots of mid-grade climbing experience.
- Good personal inspiration and outlook.
- Nice ability to work out positions.
- Short but capable of strenuosity.
- Decent determination to chase best weather.
- The only problem being HIS climbing is a bit shit.
Less of a "maintaining standards" session and more of a "maintaining a complete inability to progress even slightly" session. A previous session at Ratho had me feeling surprisingly unpunterish but once on real rock with the real prospect of climbing above real trad protection and really actually getting a vaguely tricky climb done, the gaylordness - and complete lack of overall fitness - was out in standard force. I did manage a couple of easier routes tho so there is some mileage there. Also got to recce plenty of Clova for future potential - i.e. there isn't that much that looks super-awesome enough.
Learnings from this session: more determination when tackling trickier routes and definitely more fitness training.