Thursday 26 June 2008

Motivation and purpose 3


3. Current climbing purpose.

...continued. So what now?? Injured. Need time to recover. Can't push myself on hard projects. Can't train. Can't travel to boulder nor sport climb (and travelling for trad is not so inspiring, we have enough of that in this country). What can I do??

The answer is obvious: EASY TRAD of course :).

Well, maybe not too easy, but relatively gentle enough that although I might lengthen my elbow's healing process, I am hopefully not tweaking it or re-damaging it....climbing at less than 50% of my physical potential. This may not be the best approach for my elbow but it is a good approach for my sanity (the recent turbulent and mixed weather has already shown that taking a couple of trad trips previouslywhen the weather was good, with the intention of resting well now, was justified).

Okay so climbing is not supposed to be as much of a focus for me this year....but I still love it and still need some inspirations to follow and still need a vague purpose of sorts.

That purpose is now to explore (yup, you guessed it) in this country, climbing some more....errr "interesting" trad with a focus on adventure and committment rather than technical difficulty. I have this great idea that if I climb some proper choss, then I can't pull hard enough to damage my elbow cos I'd just pull holds off...:). That and just exploring slightly off-beat areas too. Adventurous trips away when possible, plenty of rest and active rest in-between.

On the subject of which - ticklist soon!

No comments: