Sunday 7 September 2008

Opinions...


I always thought "IMHO" meant In My Honest Opinion. Then I kept reading that it means In My Humble Opinion. So I stopped using it and reverted back to IMO. There is nothing humble about my opinion :).

This blog is my opinion. Just because my opinion is often objectively correct (although people might not realise it yet), doesn't mean that it's not still MY opinion, and as such people might find it contrary, disagreeable or offensive. In fact I'd be disappointed if people didn't, at least sometimes. However it is still an HONEST if not humble opinion, I post what I mean to write and want to say, and almost invariably I will stand by that.

However, if I've got something wrong, i.e. I've based my opinion on something incorrect, or I've failed to take something into account due to ignorance, feel free to point it out. I've allocated myself an "Admit I'm Wrong" token each year, and I don't think I've used this year's yet ;)

Just FYI ;)

No comments: